Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Easy Language Translation with Google Chat

I read somewhere that Google's testing on the fly language translation that will someday be available in Hangouts. For the moment, that's only rumour, but you can get easy translations when using Google Chat. There are a number of google language bots (robots) that can provide you with quick (although not accurate)  translations.

Years ago I was chatting with the parents of a french exchange student who was staying with us. I had 2 chat windows open - my chat with the parent, and another window where I would chat with 2 robots en2fr (English to French) and fr3en (French to English). Check out the video below to see how I managed it.

For more information on the various robots available, visit http://goo.gl/2iPB5


No comments:

Post a Comment